When you walk into a clothing store, you usually don’t buy the first thing you fall upon. You first look around and shop for something; it will tickle your fancy. When shopping for the best framing nailer, you should stick to this process. It is very vital that you look at various brand names first. You might be tempted to ask; why look at brands names if the devices accomplish the same tasks?
Well, not all framing nailers are made equal; each one has its own unique set of feature that dig into the benefits and demerits. Hence, if you want to be objective when shopping for one, always look at the details first. That way, you are assured of shopping for a device that will meet your current needs.
What is a Framing Nailer?
A framing nailer is a type of air gun used for nailing large pieces of material together. They eliminate the need to hammer, saving you hours of project time. While smaller nail guns are designed for precision work, a framing nailer is really best suited for quick projects that require large nails.
Nailers are usually ideal for constructing fences, nail decking and many more uses. Hence, when shopping for one you should critically examine what you are going to use it for. Mind you each device, aside from the current needs it fulfills, it has one particular function it is designed for.
Choosing the Best Framing Nailer
When choosing a framing nailer, there are a few important things that you should keep in mind.
- Coil or Stick. There are two different types of nail guns: coil and stick. While both types use a magazine for nail storage, coil nailers have bigger magazine capacity than stick nailers. So the one that you choose ultimately comes down to personal preference.
- Fuel Powered or Pneumatic. Decide whether you want a cordless fuel-powered nail gun or a pneumatic. A pneumatic nailer is powered by an air compressor, while cordless models are typically fuel or battery powered. Cordless models are great for occasional projects, while pneumatic nailers are the better choice if you plan on using the nailer often.
- Air Compressor. If you purchase a pneumatic nail gun, you will need to invest in an air compressor. Look for one that offers at least a 2.5 gallon capacity tank.
- Nail Type. For versatility, look for a nail gun that accepts nails of various sizes and types.
- Protective Guards. Nail guns with protective guards will protect you and your nailer from flying debris. These protective guards are particularly important if you’re using metal nails as the kicked-back debris can damage your eyes or your tool.
Here are some other points to be noted before buying the framing nailer. They are,
- The different brands of nailers in addition to offering a host of features to choose from also have different pricing. When you are shopping for one always look at your pocket. Ensure that the one you intend to buy you can pay for and don’t settle for anything else.
- Look at the different aspects of the nailer vis-Ã -vis weight, size and power
As was mentioned earlier, not all framing nailers were made equal. For this reason you should examine each model based on how much they weigh, what size they are and the power they have.
- In regard to the weight, when you shop for a nailer look for one that is very easy to work with. To that effect look at light models because they are easy to handle and you can work with them anywhere.
- If you are into big size tools, then size should be an issue when shopping for a framing nailer. Mind you, the work space you have tends to determine what size is appropriate. The last thing you want is to buy a very big nailer only to find out that you can’t really work with it. It tends to get frustrating when you think about it. In regard to power, you should know that different nail sizes require different degrees of power. Some require a lot of it for instance the 6 inch one. The intended nail size should be a major consideration.
Never neglect the various attributes that come with nailer. The beauty of having very many brands to choose from is that you have brands with very many features. When shopping for a framing nailer, always look out for different features.
The features contribute to the convenience of use. Framing nailers should be very convenient and should not constrain you too much. Also when shopping for nailers, you look the recommended nail sizes that are used on it. Some models have limitations. Keep your eye on that.
Then beauty about framing nailers is that they are relatively safe to use and save time and energy when you use them. Read more http://bradnailer24h.com/